Thursday, March 13, 2008

Chicks Dig Scars

On Wed. around 4pm we were at my friend Nicole Wilson's house visiting and letting the kids play. They live about 20 minuets away on the outskirts of Pima. Zak and his friend Ian were playing in the back yard with the chickens. I was inside and heard a terrible scream. I did not recognize the scream because, I have never heard any of my kids cry like that. Zak walked in still screaming holding his hand that was dripping with blood. We quickly rinsed it and found that it was very deep. Nicole grabbed a soft cloth and wrapped it around his hand. I quickly threw the kids in the car, called my neighbor, Lana, and asked her if she could meet me at the ER and pick up Kieva and Geoffrey. Kieva held his hand while I drove very fast to the hospital. Zak was very tough and brave, even though he thought he was going to die. I assured him that everything would be fine. He didn't even cry in the car. We only spent about 1 1/2 hours total at the ER. They cleaned it out and we had a wonderful science lesson as we got to see both layers of skin and then the fat underneath. Zak hardly cryed at all, but screamed very loud each time the stitches hook went in. It took 6 stitches to close the wound. Jason got there just as they finished, and he told Zak stories of all the stiches he got as a little boy. I hope he doesn't follow in his dad's footsteps and end up in the ER every summer. The first night was a little rough since the numbing medicine wore off and tylenol wasn't cutting it for the pain. Around 11pm Jason gave Zak a blessing in which he was told the pain would be less and he would be able to handle it. It also told him that he was being healed with the same power that Jesus healed people when he was on the earth. Zak finally was able to relax and he slept well for a few hours. He woke up a couple more time crying and in pain. I said a prayer with him each time and he would fall right back to sleep. We have once again been shown the power of God, and our testimonies have been strengthened. Zak is now feeling great, enjoying the attention, and trilled that mom is not limiting his time in front of the TV and X-box. I didn't think he would be able to hold the controller, but he has definitely found a way.

No comments: